Air Filtration For Your Home
Filter remedies for a cleaner environment
– Why filtered air?
– What are the benefits of filtered air?
The benefits of Filtered Air:
- Protecting the general well-being of the occupants of a space
- Protecting the decor of occupied spaces by removing the staining portion of airborne dust
- Reducing maintenance of building interiors by reducing the frequency of washing such items as Venetian blinds and fluorescent bulbs
- Protecting the contents of occupied spaces including paintings, tapestries and other items of historic or cultural value
- Eliminating fire hazards by removing lint and other materials which might accumulate in ductwork
- Extending the shelf life of perishable dairy products by removing airborne mold during processing operations
- Removing airborne bacteria from operating room air to help prevent postoperative infection
The Importance of Air Filtration
The air filter in your furnace or air conditioner has a profound impact on your living environment. Regular filter maintenance is essential to maintain good indoor air quality (IAQ). Frequent filter changes can also improve energy efficiency and extend the life of mechanical systems.
A well maintained filter, one that is regularly changed or cleaned, removes debris that might otherwise end up in your lungs. Some filters can clean more than 99% of respirable particles from the air. These high efficiency filters are important for the elderly, those suffering from asthma or allergies, and others with a compromised immune system.
When filters load with dust, they begin to create resistance against the airflow that can decrease overall system efficiency. That’s why frequent filter changes or cleanings are so important. In fact, changing your furnace or air conditioner filter regularly can save you several dollars a year in energy savings. Failure to maintain air filters properly can have a devastating result on the most expensive mechanical systems in your home furnace or air conditioner. Inadequate filtration allows for fine particles to collect on sensitive mechanical components, causing premature wear and breakdown. Regular filter maintenance can extend the life of your home’s heating or air-conditioning system for years.
Which Filter Is Right For Your Needs…
Your system’s filtration may need to be upgraded if you are using standard disposable panel filters. The wrong filter has little ability to capture irritating particles from the environment- and most are less than 10 percent efficient.
Some filters can be cleaned and reinstalled for years and years. While the initial investment in such a filter is higher than the cost of a disposable filter, the long-term savings add up.
There are many affordable solutions to protect the indoor environment but you will want to consult with Total Air Solutions representative to determine which one is best suited to your particular type of furnace or air conditioner.
Your Total Air Solutions representative can help guide you through the proper selection of available filtration. Please ask which filter best meets your needs.
Contact us today!
We would love to hear from you!